Courage Award 1
To achieve this award you must be able to:
1. Enter and exit the water safely. May be assisted.
2. With assistance, holding the pool edge, move along the side towards an exit point and climb out.
3. Front float with the arms on adult's shoulders.
4. Back float with head resting on adult's shoulder.
5. Blow bubbles at the water surface.
6. Swirl, pull and push the water to feel the resistance.
7. With support, attempt to combine arms and leg movements.
8. With assistance, experience balancing using a range of flotation aids in shallow water.
9. Attempt to submerge the face underwater.
10. Answer questions on simple rules for personal water safety at home and the pool.