Courage Award 2
To achieve this award you must be able to:
1. Enter the water from a seated position with support.
2. Holding the pool edge, move along the side towards an exit point and climb out independently.
3. Front float using a buoyant aid with assistance.
4. Back float using a buoyant aid with assistance.
5. Blow bubbles into the water, mouth and nose submerged.
6. Demonstrate pulling arm action.
7. Kick on front and back using a kickboard with assistance.
8. Experience balancing using a range of flotation aids in shallow water.
9. With assistance, submerge and blow bubbles in waist deep water.
10. Answer questions on simple rules for personal water safety at home and the pool.