Courage Award 4
To achieve this award you must be able to:
1. Perform a slide in entry and exit the water using the edge. May be assisted.
2. Jump into deep water and return to the edge. May be assisted.
3. With assistance, move from a front float to a back float.
4. Blow bubbles with the face fully submerged, take a breath and repeat the sequence a minimum of 3 times.
5. Swim 3 metres using underwater reach and arm pull.
6. Kick 3 metres on back with a hand sculling action.
7. Float with a flotation aid for 30 seconds.
8. Submerge, open eyes to retrieve an object and recover to a secure position.
9. Answer questions on simple rules for personal water safety at home and the pool.