Courage Award 5
To achieve this award you must be able to:
1. Perform a slide in entry and exit the water using the edge.
2. Jump into deep water and return to the edge.
3. Move from a back float to a front float and to a back float again.
4. Demonstrate breathing to the side in a horizontal position (kickboard optional).
5. Swim 5 metres freestyle with no coordinated breathing.
6. Swim 5 metres backstroke with ears in the water.
7. Move through the water for 30 seconds while holding a flotation aid and kick to safety.
8. Submerge and swim through an obstacle.
9. Answer questions on simple rules for personal water safety at home and the pool.