Wonder Award 3 (2 to 3 years)
To achieve this award you must be able to:
1. With support, enter the water using a slide in entry and hold onto the pool edge.
2. With minimal assistance, attempt to climb out independently.
3. Blow bubbles in water with the face fully submerged.
4. Demonstrate readiness for submersion.
5. Experience free floating glides for a short distance towards poolside and hold onto edge with assistance.
6. Float on the back with support under the shoulders.
7. With assistance, rotate body from back to front whilst holding a flotation aid.
8. Using a flotation aid, demonstrate a kicking action.
9. With instructor guidance, demonstrate pulling arms and hands through water.
1. With support, safely jump into the water from a standing position towards the carer and return to the wall ready to exit.
2. Exit the water safely unassisted.
3. Blow bubbles with the face fully submerged, take a breath and repeat the sequence.
4. With encouragement, initiate own submersion for short distance and recover securely.
5. With assistance, hold a controlled back float for a period of 5 seconds and recover to a secure position.
6. With assistance, rotate body in a vertical position whilst holding a flotation aid.
7. With support, combine leg and arm movements.